Sunday, October 16, 2011

BEATUS : Embracing the holiness of Blessed John Paul II


     The Blessed John Paul II was born in 1920  (real name: Karol Wojtyl). In October 19, 1978, he was elected as POPE and took the name of JOHN PAUL II. During his time, he have visited many countries including Philippines.  Papal first visit to the Philippines was in 1981 and his second visit to our country was in 1995. His last public appearance at his window in the Apostolic Palace was on March 30, 2005 . And in April 2, he died at 9:37p.m on the eve of Divine Mercy Sunday.

     A couple of days ago, I have passed by in the Activity Area of Gateway Mall where there's a RELIC & PHOTO EXHIBIT of Blessed John Paul II.  This exhibit runs from October 9-21, 2011 and there is a BEATUS on October 29 at the Big Dome.  My sister Loren already have the assured ticket from our Parish for the event. I also wish fervently for the free ticket so that I can also attend on Oct 29.

Here's some of the Relics in the exhibit :)






     Like every Catholic christians all over the world, he has been a very important part of my faith. I remember how excited I was when my BFC (Best Friend Cousin) presented to me the souvenir (bookmark) from World Youth Day where she's one of the delegates of their Parish. It's not just an ordinary bookmark for me, it's more like a spiritual blessing.

Let me share here the two of my most favorite messages of Blessed John Paul II.  It has touched my life in many ways... Stay Blessed everyone!

Message to Fatima on May 13, 2000, "If someone or something makes you think that you have reached the end of the line, do not believe it! If you know the eternal Love who created you, you also know that there is an immortal soul within you.  There are various seasons in life; if by chance you feel winter approaching, I want you to know that it is not the last season, because the last one will be spring; the springtime of the Resurrection. Your whole life extends infinitely beyond its earthly limits: heaven awaits you."


"Life on Earth is not an ULTIMATE but a PENULTIMATE reality; Even so, it remains a sacred reality entrusted to us, to be preserved with a sense of responsibility and brought to perfection in love and in the gift of ourselves to God and to our brothers & sisters." Evangelium Vitae No. 2

****************************************************
This is my contribution for:

****************************************************

7 comments:

  1. hi zen... i felt blessed reading your post... thanks for sharing... as a Catholic believer Pope John Paul II has indeed left a legacy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also am, Rovie :) Thanks and Godspeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. uy ledz, pwede mo ito i-join sa Wednesday Whites meme ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew! Thanks, KM :) sige, join ako ulit... hihihi I stopped kasi with Meme... naloka ang 2.99kg brain ko nyahaha :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always adore the Pope, what a blessed Father, thank you for sharing his legacy with us, visiting for WW hope that you can visit me back too

    http://www.jessysadventure.com/2011/10/i-love-this-white-steam-from-the-pond.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's a great photo of the Pope and Mother Theresa. They were very influential in the faith of many people. Thanks for sharing this at WW. Hope to see you again this week!

    Raya of Colors and Contrasts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Raya :) Surely, will visit you shortly ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...